Here’s a snapshot of a few things we talked about…
- My Wife Has the Hardest Job.
- A Wealthy Family Must Come from Me.
- The Color of Socks Can Tell a Lot About a Person.
- Your Brand Will Live Forever.
- You Don’t Get a Second Chance to Make a First Impression.
- Be the Lord of Your Land.
- Not the ‘Why’, but the ‘What’ and the “How’.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
In this episode, Casanova and Steve from www.sharppodcast.com talk about Cas’ childhood, his family, how that inspired his journey, and how he got started in the Real Estate business.
Cas believes that his wife has the hardest job, taking care of their two kids and managing a daycare center. Steve adds that being a dad is quite empowering. When you become a dad, you just start learning again.
Cas recalls growing up without a father and how that shaped his mindset towards his children and family. He added that he started believing that if he didn’t come from a loving father, a loving father must come from him.
Steve thinks that the color of socks that one has on can tell you a lot about a person. If one has uniform colors, it suggests that attention to detail is high on their agenda. Cas adds that he is pretty uninformed, it is black or white, but as for the company colors, they are blue and orange.
Cas understood early on that his brand was the thing that’s going to live on, no matter what. So, at the end of the day, it was all about how does he look, how to articulate himself? He always wanted to make sure that he could stand out from the crowd.
One of the things that Cas learned early on was that you do not get a second chance to make a first impression. 95% of the time you can judge a man by two things. Number one is their timepiece, and number two is the shoes that they have on their feet.
It doesn’t mean you have to put on extravagant or expensive suits, shoes or watches, it could just be a nice, fitting shirt. It tells a lot about that person’s character and what they feel about themselves.
Growing up with the lack of financial resources, it always gave him the inspiration that one day he wanted it. When he was exposed to network marketing, it laid the foundations of becoming a millionaire or becoming a person that had the confidence in his abilities to make whatever dream that he had, become a reality.
After reading books like Millionaire Fastlane and Rich Dad, Poor Dad, he realized that he was trading his time for money. So, he started to figure out what are the ways that he did not have to trade time for money.
Cas’ journey into the world of real estate started after he came across a YouTube video and a guy had said, ‘you got to find a way to be the Lord of your land’, because he or she who owns the land, makes the rules.
Although he didn’t have any resources to get started as a realtor, he knew the basics of building relationships and serving other people. He knew that real estate was going to build his foundation, but real estate was never his ‘why’, it was just his ‘what’ and his ‘how’.
To figure out what his ‘why’ was, he started Dream Nation, because at the end of the day, everything starts with a dream. He wanted to help other dreamers escape the 40-40-40 cycle and live their dreams.
- “There’s something quite empowering about being a dad and finding your way with that…” –Steve O’Neil.
- “If I didn’t come from a wealthy family, that wealthy family must come from me…”– Casanova Brooks.
- “Joy wouldn’t feel so good, if it wasn’t for a little bit of adversity…”– Casanova Brooks.
- “If someone is successful, it’s because they’re confident and they get their confidence because of the way that they show up every single day and the way that they show up every single day has a little bit to do with their parents…”– Casanova Brooks.
- “I don’t believe that any dream is smaller or bigger than anyone else’s dream, and so I tried to create something that was bigger than me, which is Dream Nation, and the goal is to inspire everyone to live a life by their design, no matter what their dream is…”– Casanova Brooks.
- Rich Dad Poor Dad – Robert Kiyosaki
- Go For No – Richard Fenton and Andrea Waltz
- The Millionaire Fast Lane – MJ Demarco
Help us out?
If you enjoy our podcast, please head over to Apple Podcasts and leave us a 5-star review. By doing so, you enable us to reach more people.