How do you build your dreams when no one you know dreams like you?
How do you keep building your dream when no one supports what you’re trying to do?
Ivan Estrada had to answer both questions…and he did it an awesome way.
In this podcast, Ivan shares the major shifts in his life that got him to where he is today. Ivan shares how he moved from selling candy to selling million dollar properties on his term, his way.
Tune in to hear his story and the bigger legacy he’s walking toward
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- The impact of learning business skills as a child
- How Ivan used technology to conquer college with ADD
- Breaking up with a passion-less job to pursue your dream…during a recession
- How to build you dream when no one else believes in you
- Getting started with real estate with no real estate experience
- The big money list-building strategy that completely upgraded his real estate career
- How to reach people who aren’t in your tribe
- Why everyone in real estate needs video
- Growing your social media presence in a crowded marketplace
- Finding your calling
- Why you need to run your real estate like a business
- Why you need to run your real estate business your way
- Leaving your legacy
- Why you shouldn’t ask everyone to give you marketing advice
Podcast Stopping Points[1:07] How did your childhood impact your success?
[3:30] Where do you get the inspiration to dream?
[6:50] What made you finally pursue your dream of real estate?
[9:40] How to get started in real estate with no degree
[11:22] How he successfully survived the first year of his real estate transition
[12:00] Ivan’s list-building strategy
[15:25] Building lists to people outside of your tribe
[20:48] What are your plans for the future?
[25:32] How do you define a successful agent?
[29:12] Most influential resources
[32:01] If you had one sentence to define your life, what would it be?
“I always wanted to be the first one [in my family] in college…and then own my own business.”
“I had never seen real estate as something a young person would do.”
“There wasn’t one person who said, ‘Congratulations, you’re working on your dream.’.”
“It still takes time to build that foundation.”
“I still knew where I was going.”
“It’s just the business now. You just have to be comfortable on camera.”
“You have to make sure that…you love that you love this business.”
“I don’t think things happen to us. They happen for us.”
“Take action with no fear.”
Resources to Check Out
Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 1 by Neale Walsch
About Our Guest
Ivan Estrada is a broker associate, CPA, and speaker who left an accounting career to build a multi-million dollar business from his passion. Through networking, hard work, as job as a waiter, lots of real estate resources, and persistence, he transitioned to real estate through the economic recession. He has been featured on several national TV shows on HGTV, Bravo, and his local Los Angeles and named one of the top ‘30 Under 30” in real estate agent and an advisory board member for the Los Angeles Natural History Museum.
Checking In With #DreamNation
Like what you hearing? Have a comment or feedback that you want to share? Need to find an earlier episode?
Catch your host on Instagram (@casanova_brooks).