Here’s a snapshot of a few things we talked about…
- 00:00 Introduction
- 02:12 Who is the Clark Kent, When it Comes to Dustin Heiner?
- 11:21 Why Did He Choose Real Estate Investing?
- 15:31 How to Get Your First Investment Property?
- 22:58 What Are His Criteria for Investing in Properties?
- 26:47 How Was He Able to Build Relationships with People?
- 35:26 One Thing He Wishes He Could Change?
- 39:13 How Does He Help His Students Get Started with Creative Financing?
- 43:14 Where to Find Dustin Heiner?
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
In this episode, Casanova talks with Dustin Heiner. Dustin is a family man who loves the Lord. Real estate investing has helped him on his journey to financial freedom and being “successfully unemployed”. While he started his career working a 9to5 job, he was always entrepreneurial. It wasn’t until he bought his first rental property that he realized the opportunity it represented. When he got laid off from his government job, he vowed to make sure nobody can take away his ability to feed his family. He started buying rental properties, and that passive income helped him quit his job. He talks about how real estate presented the easiest opportunity among all of his entrepreneurial ventures, the importance of finding a place that has a good inventory, things that can help you get your first property, why you need to build the business first, his criteria for investing in properties, how real estate is a people’s business, and much more. Have a listen.
- “The second thing I realized was, I need to make sure that this never ever happens to me again, I need to make sure that nobody has the ability to take away my ability to feed my family…”
- “Whenever you get asked that question, whenever we would our answer is, we’re projecting what our value what we put on ourselves…”
- “Your boss is paying you just enough to keep you working without quitting, but not so much money that takes money out of their pocket. So if you could pay for how much your how much you’re valued, what you’re actually worth, they wouldn’t be able to afford you…”
- “A lot of people talk about streams of income, I love streams of income, but I have a river of income, that is my real estate…”
- “With real estate investing, we build the entire business, and then once the business is built, we buy inventory, your property, and the gurus will tell you your property is your business…”
- “As investors, we don’t buy market value. In fact, what we do is we capture equity we buy it lower than it’s worth…”
- “Real estate is not about properties, real estate is about people…”
- “We get outta cut our expenses, increase our income. Those things are obviously easy to say harder to do, but where there’s a will, there’s a way, we’re problem solvers…”